AmeriGas partners with local schools to help support them, and the community.
The School Days Program will give your school up to $2,000 per year to purchase items for any school-related need. It works when both the school and the customer register with the program and provide the requested information. See below for details on the process, questions and answers, and important links to get started!
What is the process?
- Timeframe: The School Days & Community Care Program begins September 1st and ends August 31st, coinciding with a school year.
- School/Organization Registration: To participate in the program, each school or organization must fill out the Registration form http://ameri.gs/RegistrationForm.
- The school will receive a School ID number – this number must be communicated with the customers associated with your school.
- Customer Registration: For customers associated with a school or organization to be counted, they must fill out the Participant form http://ameri.gs/participationform.
- Payout: AmeriGas will tally up the total propane gallons tied to each specified school and pay $0.02 per gallon of propane at the end of the School Days & Community Care program. Schools will receive a check in September of that year, just in time for the new school year.
- All forms must be submitted by August 31st to receive a check in September.
Along with receiving additional income for any school or community related needs, the School Days & Community Care Program adapts to the needs of the community. Here are some important benefits of the program:
Health & Safety Conscious
Prior to COVID-19, each school had to present their local AmeriGas office with delivery invoice receipts, but since the pandemic, those days are long gone. To ensure the health and safety of our colleagues and customers, we have eliminated unnecessary contact and exposure, and have transformed the School Days Program into a fully online program.
The School Days & Community Care Program is Going Green! In an effort to be more environmentally friendly, we are eliminating paper receipts and will process each customer’s total gallons electronically.
When schools, parents, and communities partner together, great things can happen in the lives of children and young adults. The School Days & Community Care Program does just that—it enhances the overall educational experience and creates lasting achievements for schools, students, and communities.