AmeriGas Propane Is Green
Go Green with AmeriGas Propane
Not only does it power your home comfortably, affordably and safely, it also helps protect the environment. Approved as an alternative fuel by the Clean Air Act of 1990, propane is one of the cleanest burning of all fossil fuels. It’s even cleaner than electricity, which, 50% of the time, is generated by coal-burning power plants. Propane is also non-toxic, so it is not harmful to soil or water.
And, because propane appliances are typically more energy efficient than electric appliances, you use less of the earth’s natural energy resources, while also cutting your costs. Going green means protecting the environment… and saving money too!
Click here to learn more about the "green" attributes of propane.
- Cleaner than Electric. Propane furnaces, space heaters and water heaters produce about 50% less complete fuel cycle greenhouse gas emissions than electric appliances produce.*
- Propane Space Heater. Produces fewer air pollutants and greenhouse gas emissions than oil-burning space heaters. 99.9% efficiency saves you money.
- Propane Clothes Dryer. Much more efficient than electric dryers. Uses less energy resources; costs less to operate.
- Propane Water Heater. Gives you more hot water at a more affordable price. Rinnai propane tankless water heaters can reduce costs by up to 50% a year and last up to 20 years.
- Propane Fireplace. Unlike wood-burning fireplaces, propane fireplaces are clean and do not emit noxious fumes or black smoke into the air.
- Propane Grill. Better for the environment than charcoal, which releases 105 times more carbon monoxide than propane.
- Propane Furnace. More efficient operation can help lower your energy bills.
Underground Tank Storage. Tanks can be stored underground safely and easily.
- Propane Vehicles. With its 104 octane rating, propane allows engines to run clean without sacrificing performance.**
* Source: World LP Gas Association
**Source: Propane Education and Resource Council