Common AmeriGas Fees & Terms
The Hazmat Fee will increase to $10.59 on September 15, 2014. See below for fee explanation.
Current Fees and Charges:
- Fuel Recovery Fee - This fee, which is assessed for propane deliveries and service calls, helps to offset the significant expenses incurred by the Company in fueling its fleet of commercial motor vehicles. This fee fluctuates on a monthly basis as the Company's cost of fuel fluctuates. The fee as of the date of this Notice is $7.66. For updated Fuel Recovery Fee information, please contact your local district office on a monthly basis.
- HazMat & Safety Compliance Fee - This fee, which is assessed for propane deliveries and service calls, helps to offset a portion of the costs the Company incurs to comply with federal, state and local government regulations, including, but not limited to, hazardous materials, homeland security, emergency preparedness and workplace safety. It is also used to fund, among other things, employee safety training and inspections, cylinder re-qualification, and environmental compliance. THE FEE IS NOT GOVERNMENT IMPOSED, NOR IS ANY PORTION OF IT PAID TO ANY GOVERNMENT AGENCY. The fee as of the date of this Notice is $9.59.
- Leak Check Fee - This charge is applied when the Company must perform a leak check to verify that the propane system does not have any leaks. This test is required by law under certain circumstances, which may include: when a new piping system is installed, if the gas has been turned off or if there has been an interruption of gas service, or in the event a leak in the system is suspected. The local district office can provide specifics on when a leak check is required and the current fee.
- Pump-Out/Restocking Charge - This charge defrays the cost associated with pumping out a tank that contains propane in excess of five percent water capacity, and returning the tank to the Company's inventory. You can avoid this charge by continuing service with the Company until the supply of propane in the tank is less than five percent. Depending on the size of the tank/cylinder, this charge may be up to $149.00.
- Special Trip Charge - This charge is incurred by customers who request immediate deliveries or non-emergency service after business hours or on weekends. This charge can vary due to the distance involved and/or the time required to service the request and will be based on local labor rates, which can be obtained from your local district office.
- Meter Service Fee - This fee is incurred by customers who are charged for their propane based on an amount of usage as measured by the Company's meter. This fee defrays the cost of meter reading, meter maintenance and related administrative costs. The fee as of the date of this Notice is $9.99 per month.
- Service Dispatch Charge - This charge is to cover the costs associated with dispatching a service technician to a customer's residence or other location to perform diagnostic or other service work on customer-owned equipment and appliances or to pick-up a Company-owned tank or cylinder. You should note that upon our arrival additional charges may be assessed depending upon the nature of the problem. The Service Dispatch Charge is $39.99. This charge will not be credited toward service work performed. Please check with your local district office regarding the availability of appliance repair service.
- Returned Check Charge - This charge is intended to cover the deposit return fee assessed by financial institutions and related administrative expenses associated with the return of a customer check for insufficient funds. The Returned Check Charge is $33.00.
PAYMENT TERMS AND LATE FEES.
You agree to pay the Company's price per gallon and all fees, rates, and charges on or before the due date indicated on the invoice. Where permitted by law, the Company may send you an invoice instead of a delivery ticket. If you fail to pay all amounts due within 25 days after the due date, the Company may, unless prohibited by law, add a monthly late charge of 1.5% of the average daily balance or a late charge of $36.00, whichever is greater. The Company reserves the right to require you to pay for propane deliveries or services in advance or to post a cash deposit, which may be applied by the Company at any time in whole or in part to the outstanding balance.
- AmeriGuard** - This is an optional program where an AmeriGas customer receives a fixed price for a fixed period of time during which the customer is placed on a convenient monthly payment plan. The current fee is $99.00 annually.
- AmeriLock** - This is an optional program where an AmeriGas customer receives a fixed price for the term of the AmeriLock contract. The current fee is $99.00 annually.
- LineGard** (Line Protection Plan) - This is an optional program. Under the LineGard program covered repairs are made to customer-owned lines if necessary. New applicants must sign an agreement and their lines are subject to inspection prior to enrollment in the program. The current fee is $18.95 (annually).
- Payment Protection** - This is an optional program for residential customers enrolled in AmeriGuard or SmartPay. Applicants pay an annual fee to have AmeriGas pay the remainder of their monthly payments for the term in the event of death to the primary account holder (and joint account holder if applicable). The current fee is $39.99 for a single account and $59.99 for a joint account (annually).
- Pre-Buy** - This is a program that enables the customer to lock-in the propane price in advance for the customer's projected winter/annual usage.
- SmartPay Budget Plan** - This is an optional program that allows you to make convenient monthly payments based on your projected annual usage and current market price.
** Programs and fees are subject to change. Certain restrictions apply. Please contact your local office for more information.
For more information, contact the AmeriGas Location nearest you.