Is there anything better than a warm, fluffy buttermilk biscuit? How about one straight off the grill. Use just a few simple ingredients for the biscuit mixture, drop into a large cast iron pan, grill and enjoy.
PREP TIME5 - 10 min
COOK TIME20 min
TOTAL TIME30 min
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 stick butter
- 1 ¼ cup buttermilk
- Butter, honey or jam for serving (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter to mixture using a fork. Hint: room temperature butter will combine best.
- Mix in buttermilk until you have a moist, smooth mixture.
- Oil your cast iron pan to ensure biscuits don’t stick, then use a tablespoon to roughly measure and drop biscuits into the pan.
- Place pan onto grate and grill 15-20 minutes, rotating the pan every 5 minutes to ensure cooking evenly.
- Remove carefully and serve warm or cooled.