How to Grill Your Thanksgiving Turkey
Are you still using your oven to cook your Thanksgiving turkey? Try something new this year and grill your turkey!! You’ll find it turns out to be even more tender & juicy than baking it in the oven. Here are the steps to grill up that bird this Thanksgiving:
- Use a 12 pound turkey (or less)
- Thaw turkey prior to grilling
- Use indirect heat – turn on one side of your grill and place the turkey on the other side
- Pre-heat your grill to 350 degrees
- Lightly oil the grill’s grate
- Brush the skin of the turkey with oil or butter to avoid sticking and add seasonings of your choosing
- Cook until the thigh meat registers 165 degrees (this generally takes 2-3 hours)
- Rotate the turkey several times; be careful – it’s hot!
- Avoid opening the lid – conserve the heat
Looking for some recipes? Check these out from allrecipes.com:
Have you grilled your turkey before? We’d love to hear your stories, tips & recipes in our comments below!
Need a cylinder to power that grill on Turkey Day? Find the closest retailer to you!