Terms and Conditions for AmeriGas Online Billing
Registration. In order for you, either as an individual or business, to sign up for AmeriGas' Online Billing service, E-Pay or AutoPay, you will be asked to register and create an account.
As part of the registration process, you will be given a user name and password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and agree that AmeriGas will have no obligations with regard thereto. You agree not to give your password to anyone. Should you allow others access to your account and/or password information, you will be responsible for all actions that such persons might take with respect to your account. If you believe your password has been lost or stolen or someone has gained access to your password without your permission, please refer to the change of password section.
For purposes of identification, billing and marketing, you agree to provide AmeriGas with current, accurate, complete, and updated information required by the online registration. You further agree to provide AmeriGas with current, accurate, and complete data when utilizing the online functionality of the web site. You agree to notify AmeriGas immediately of any changes in your registration data. Amerigas is not responsible for your failure to receive any notices or information or any other problem that results from your failure to keep such contact and/or payment information current and accurate.
Registration for the AmeriGas Online Billing service will automatically discontinue mail delivery of your regular bills, unless you choose to continue receiving paper. The same information that is typically provided on your regular bills will be provided on your new online bill. You will still receive certain other account notices by regular mail.
Cancellation. Your access to online services remains in effect until it is terminated by you or AmeriGas. You may cancel your service at any time by notifying us of your intent to cancel in writing, through online account access email, or by calling Customer Service. This cancellation applies to your online services only and does not terminate your AmeriGas account.
Unauthorized Transactions. To report an unauthorized transaction: Contact Customer Service immediately at 1-866-243-5470 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Customer Service is available 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. EST Monday - Friday, and 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST Saturday and Sunday (except for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day).
Billing Errors or Questions. Notify us in case of errors or questions about your bill. If you think your bill is wrong, or if you need more information about a transaction on your bill, please log a dispute using the AmeriGas Online Billing website. Do this as soon as possible. We must hear from you no later than 90 days after we have sent you the first bill on which the error or problem appeared. You can telephone us, or send an e-mail, but doing so will not preserve your rights.
If you have authorized us to pay your bill automatically from a checking account, you can stop the payment on any amount you think is wrong. To stop the payment, you must reach us on the same day before the automatic payment is scheduled to occur.
AmeriGas Online Billing. If you register to use AmeriGas Online Billing, but have not registered for AutoPay Automatic Payment, you are required to view your online bills and schedule a payment for every bill in accordance with the terms of your account, unless you choose to continue receiving paper. You have total control over and responsibility for the timeliness and amount of your payments as if you were writing a check and mailing it using the U.S. Postal Service. AmeriGas is not responsible for processing errors or failures or any other service interruption(s) caused by your Internet Service Provider.
Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability; Hold Harmless.
AMERIGAS ONLINE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES THAT ARE IMPLIED BY, AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. AMERIGAS MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT AMERIGAS' ONLINE SERVICES WILL OPERATE AS INTENDED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, AMERIGAS MAKES NO WARRANTIES AS TO THE SECURITY OF YOUR COMMUNICATIONS VIA THE SERVICES OR THAT THIRD PARTIES WILL NOT GAIN UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR MONITOR YOUR COMPUTER(S) OR ONLINE COMMUNICATIONS. YOU AGREE THAT AMERIGAS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SUCH UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS.
IN NO EVENT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) WILL AMERIGAS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE AMERIGAS' ONLINE SERVICES OR FOR NAY ACTION TAKEN BY AMERIGAS TO PROTECT THE SERVICES OR THE BREACH BY AMERIGAS OF ANY WARRANTY.
You acknowledge that communications or transactions conducted online are not absolutely secure. You further acknowledge that there may be system failures that may limit your ability to use the online services available through the AmeriGas Online Billing Site. You agree to assume all risk and liability arising from your use of AmeriGas' online services, including the risk of breach in the security of the communications or transactions you conduct with AmeriGas online. If you register for online services, it will mean that you agree not to make a claim against AmeriGas relating to such online services and that you will hold AmeriGas harmless from any claim, liability or damage resulting from online service in connection with your account.
Changes to AmeriGas Online Billing Site; Termination of Services. AmeriGas may at any time and without notice make changes to this AmeriGas Online Billing Site or to the online services described in this AmeriGas Online Billing Site. You should read these Terms and Conditions each time before you make a payment to be certain you still agree with their provisions. Your use of AmeriGas' online billing and payment services after any changes to these Terms and Conditions will constitute your agreement to such change(s). AmeriGas may discontinue any of its services without notice, or require re-enrollment if terms or conditions are modified. AmeriGas may terminate online service for your account if we receive conflicting instructions, if your account is in default of this Agreement or otherwise not in good standing, or if we determine that an online service is being used improperly.
E-Sign Consent. Federal law requires certain disclosures be provided to you and that we advise you of certain rights regarding those disclosures. In order to make your registration for AmeriGas Online Billing quicker and more convenient, with your consent, we will provide you with these disclosures electronically, rather than by postal mail or in person. Prior to registering for online billing or automatic bill payment you must consent to the terms and conditions below:
- Some or all of the disclosures related to or stated within your registration for or authorization of online billing and/or automatic bill payment ("Disclosures") will be made available to you in electronic format. Some of these Disclosures will not be distributed in paper format unless you contact us and request a paper version of specific record.
- At your request, the Disclosures will be provided to you in paper format at no cost to you. You can contact us to request a hard copy by email at email@example.com or by phone at 1-800-427-4968.
- You may withdraw your consent to receive Disclosures electronically. In order to withdraw your consent, you must contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your consent applies to all Disclosures, including without limitation these Terms and Conditions and the Authorization you sign if you register for automatic bill payment.
To receive Disclosures electronically, you must have the following equipment and software:
- You must have a personal computer or other access device which is capable of accessing the Internet (e.g., you must have a modem and available phone line, a cable Internet connection or some other means of access to the Internet, and you must have an active account with an Internet service provider). Your access to this page verifies that your system meets these requirements.
- You must have an Internet web browser which is capable of supporting 128-bit SSL encrypted communications, which requires a minimum web browser version of either Microsoft® Internet Explorer version 4.01 (available for downloading at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/default.asp) or Netscape Navigator® version 4.73 (available for downloading at http://channels.netscape.com/ns/browsers/default.jsp), and your system must have 128-bit SSL encryption software. Your access to this page verifies that your browser and encryption software meet these requirements.
- You must have software which permits you to receive and access Portable Document Format or "PDF" files, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader® version [5.1] (available for downloading at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html).
To retain a copy of the requested files, your system must have the ability to either download (e.g., to your hard disk drive or a floppy diskette) or print PDF files. You must have a functioning printer connected to your personal computer or other access device which is able to print the files.
If you have additional questions, please contact us.
If you are a California customer, please click here.