Career OpportunitiesApply Online
Job ID CE4921
Conducts customer service, sales and retention activities via telephone and to walk-in customers. Responsible for contributing to district and market growth and retention objectives as set by the District Manager. Performs administrative duties as required.
- As the first line of customer contact, represents AmeriGas in a positive way on a daily basis
- Solves customer service issues with the goal of customer satisfaction and customer retention.
- Answers phone calls and responds to all customer inquiries including, but not limited to pricing, billing, documenting complaints and setting up new orders.
- Work daily within SAP software
- Must accurately maintain customer data, transactions and information in SAP through accurate data entry and monitoring via data quality reports.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly work processes and reporting are done accurately and timely
- Generate sales and revenues by participating in marketing programs
- Assists all walk-in customers and routing issues as they arise
- Keep track of districts daily receipts and cash on hand and complete the daily cash count.
- Research and reconcile discrepancies in customer accounts.
- Maintain house accounting including cash sales, districts use and tanks on location.
- Maintain service work schedule and dispatch delivery tickets.
- Make credit and collection calls to customers as required to reach A/R goals
- Maintain daily inventory of storage as well as monthly fuel inventory.
- High school diploma required or equivalent
- Two or more years in customer service industry preferred
- Strong computer, telephone and communication skills
- Sales experience preferred
- Prior SAP experience is a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Must have strong organizational skills as well as be extremely detailed oriented.
- Must be able to work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be service-oriented and sales minded.
- Must have a professional telephone manner with the ability to maintain composure and remain pleasant under high pressure situations.
- Must be resourceful and good at problem resolution.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business correspondence, company policies and procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to multi-task under high-pressure situations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, managers, customers and the general public.
- Knowledge in Accounting/Bookkeeping is a plus.
Note: Individuals responding to job postings are considered applicants for a particular position only after they have been invited to complete the company's official printed employment application form.
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.