Career OpportunitiesApply Online
Job ID HQ2919
This individual is responsible for leading native and hybrid application development projects for mobile handsets and tablets, primarily for Apple iOS, field productivity. A deep understanding of mobile software development is required, but the ideal candidate must also provide guidance on best practices throughout the entire project/development lifecycle, from design to deployment.
A manager level position responsible for architecting development projects from planning through execution. This will involve managing other developers and communicating regularly with our internal team members throughout projects.
- Lead development of mobile application projects for native and hybrid environments.
- Take ownership of solutions from end to end, and be responsible for translating functional requirements into a mobile solution.
- Preparing technical solutions, architecture documents, artifacts, work products and presentations for the internal customer.
- Researches, identifies and demonstrates innovative technologies for our domain portfolio.
- Enforce sound development practices and ensure the quality delivery of enterprise mobile solutions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of software engineering techniques
- Knowledge of SOA, SOAP, and REST needed.
- Strong development background, extensive architecture experience, and technical leadership qualifications
- Experience with iOS development needed. Experience in writing native iOS applications on mobile phones and/or tablets.
- Extensive experience with technical architecture, design and requirements documentation.
- Solid experience in collaborative application development using source control tools and strategies for using source control such as trunks, branches, merges, tagging, release management methods, etc.
- Proven experience in interfacing with API`s and web services.
- Proven collaboration skills and the ability to work in efficient, small teams.
- Must be highly motivated with the ability to work on multiple initiatives with a high degree of flexibility.
- Ability to communicate with supervisor or project manager either verbally, through email, or by attending team meetings on the status of current projects.
- Candidate should have solid communication and presentation skills with the ability to fill in as a technical evangelist when needed.
Education and Experience Required:
- BE or BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred.
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- 3+ years of mobile application development experience.
- Experience working with offshore teams.
- Knowledge of Mobile Infrastructure (Mobile Device Management (MDM), App Deployment, App Stores, Enterprise App Stores).
- Experience designing mobile applications using open source HTML5 frameworks.
Note: Individuals responding to job postings are considered applicants for a particular position only after they have been invited to complete the company's official printed employment application form.
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.